Drive-Up Appeal – Get your Property Ready to ShowFebruary 23, 2020
Why I Choose to Work with RE/MAXOctober 8, 2020
I magine being in the market for a new home – you walk into a place and everything seems perfect. The home checks all the boxes: right number of bedrooms; adequate kitchen and living space; great storage space; and is in overall good condition.
Yet you still have many unanswered questions such as:
- Has the municipality issued an occupancy certificate for the home?
- Where are the property lines?
- What do the bylaws and zoning allow for if I want to make changes to the property in the future?
- Was a proper permit issued for the renovations done on the home?
- Where is the septic field?
- Has it ever been updated or serviced?
- Is the suite legal?
- Does the garage the former homeowner added built to code?
- Does the wood stove have a WETT Certificate?
- How old is the roof?
- Has the property had any issues with flooding?
- Have there ever been any problems with the foundation?
- Is the home still under warranty?
As a potential buyer, how confident would you be to make an offer without having your questions answered first?
As the listing agent, I believe it's my responsibility to anticipate and research any questions a potential buyer may have about the property before they even realize it. When potential buyers move their home search from looking at listings online to viewing homes in person, chances are they are ready to make a decision on the next place they’ll call home. The more information I can provide at this point, the greater the likelihood of a favourable offer being made and your home being sold.
Make the best move when it comes to choosing your Realtor®. Why would you settle for anything less?